We take individual privacy seriously. This Statement explains our policies and practices.
We respect your privacy and we promise:
- to implement computer, physical and procedural safeguards to protect the security and confidentiality of the personal data we collect
- to limit the personal data collected to the minimum required to provide services requested by you
- to permit only our properly trained, authorized employees to access personal data
- not to disclose your personal data to external parties unless you have agreed, we are required by law or we have previously informed you.
In order to provide a better service to you, we may collect general personal data (full or partial) such as your company’s name, contact person, address, telephone number, mobile phone, fax number, email address, website, nature of business and product/service details etc. of your company when you register with us, use our services, attend our functions, or communicate with us. In some circumstances, we may also collect personal identification data such as your passport or identity card number, date of birth, nationality for security and verification purposes.
It is obligatory for you to supply those personal data indicated as mandatory on the data collection form. If you do not supply such data, we may be unable to provide the requested service.
We only retain personal data for so long as it is necessary for the fulfillment of the purpose (including any directly related purpose) for which the data is or is to be used.
Use of information
The purposes for which information may be used by us in and outside Hong Kong include:
- processing applications
- providing services to facilitate commissions between Hong Kong and overseas (or otherwise), and providing enquirers with contact and business information
- our operations, e.g., incorporation into our database, analysis, research and auditing
- distribution of ADFOCATE publications and research materials (and those of our business partners and counterparts)
- complying with laws in or outside Hong Kong
- legal proceedings, including collecting overdue amounts
- other purposes directly relating to the activities identified above
- verification of identity in events organised by us where it is necessary to verify your identity.
We may conduct direct marketing via fax, email, direct mail, telephone and other means of communication whether now or hereafter known, or send e-newsletters to you. You may choose not to receive promotional materials, by simply telling us (see below for contact details), and we will cease to do so, without charge.
We will keep the personal data (whether general personal data or personal identification data) we hold confidential but may provide your general personal data to:
- personnel, agents, advisers, auditors, contractors, financial institutions, and service providers in connection with our operations or services
- our overseas offices, affiliates, business partners and counterparts
- the public, including persons enquiring about Hong Kong companies
- persons under a duty of confidentiality to us
- persons to whom we are required to make disclosure under applicable laws in or outside Hong Kong
- actual or proposed transferees or participants of our services
We may also provide your identity to personnel, agents, auditors, contractors and service providers in connection with the organization of our business, persons under a duty of confidentiality to us and /or persons to whom we are required to make disclosure under applicable laws in or outside Hong Kong.
We cannot control how third parties use information.
Cookies are commonly used to facilitate transmission and to provide more useful features. It is a piece of data stored in your computer. We use these devices to find out more about the use of our websites and user preferences to improve our services. We may share summarized traffic data with advertisers. We note traffic, pages visited and time spent. We store your shopping cart and wish list for your later use. You are not identified. However if you agree by registering with us, we may link the information to you, so that you may receive information more suited to your interests.
You may set your browser to reject cookies, or tell you when a cookie is being sent.
Cookies are necessary for some features of the website to work, e.g., to maintain continuity during a browser session. If they are not accepted, those features may not work properly.
Pixels tags and cookies are used in those emails and at our website to help us measure the effectiveness of our advertising and how visitors use our web site. For more information about the technology used to deliver our emails, or how to set your browser to reject cookies, please click here:http://www.doubleclick.net/us/corporate/privacy/privacy/email/default.asp?asp_object_1=&
Hyperlinks to other websites are provided for your convenience. You will leave our website for another location that is not controlled by us. Our privacy policies do not apply to other websites. Please refer to the privacy policies of the other websites.
We may update this Statement. When we do, the changes will be posted on our website.
We will generally hold your data on our servers in Hong Kong. However, we may transfer it to our overseas offices elsewhere in the world or to any of the people listed at paragraph 3 above, who may be located elsewhere.
Your consent and rights
By using our service, making an application or visiting our website, you consent to the collection and use of your information and other activities as outlined in this Statement unless your express consent is otherwise required by the law.
Under the Hong Kong Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance, you have the right:
- to check whether we hold personal data about you and to access such data
- to require us to correct inaccurate data
- to ascertain our policies and practices in relation to personal data and the kind of personal data held by us.
Please send requests to access or correct data, to cease communications, and questions or complaints to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We may charge a reasonable fee for processing a data access request.